Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Kissing

Oh the kissing. Kissing is what I miss the most when I am alone. Kissing is apparently what he has missed the most about being married.
Oh yes, the kissing.
We were both working late... he had a meeting, I had a deadline... and we found ourselves in our separate offices, texting back and forth like teenagers.
"I don't suppose you'll be alone anywhere dark for about five minutes," I wrote and then I waited.
He responded with a location... and I was out of my seat and down the hall before I could reason myself out of it.
I got there first and sat on a table in the dark, my heart beating faster than I thought possible. No words in my mind. No arguments, no hesitation. Just need. I needed him to put his arms around me and find my mouth with his. I needed him to kiss my neck and my face with an unbearable sweetness and I needed him to whisper, "Oh. Wow." against my hair.
And he did.
Five minutes in the dark, kissing and breaking every rule and boundary and then he was off to his meeting and I drove home in the dark, reliving every second of his mouth and tongue. For an hour all could think was, "More, more, more."
Just before I got home he sent another text, "OK, I need more."
And I thought, "Anything."
Anything. Just kiss me like that again. Need me like that again.
Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment